River Maps Guide to the Green and Yampa Rivers in Dinosaur National Monument, Second Edition
- River Maps
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Adding product to your cart
Check out the River Maps Guide to the Green and Yampa Rivers in Dinosaur National Monument, Second Edition the book to have when you're planning a trip on the Green and Yampa Rivers in Dinosaur National Monument. Describes rapids and camps, plus USGS maps. Covers both the 43 miles of the Gates of Lodore to Split Mountain section of the Green River and the 46 miles on the Yampa River's Deerlodge Park put-in to its confluence with the Green. Boaters on the Yampa float their final 25 miles on the Green River to the Split Mountain takeout.
- The right side page features color USGS topographic maps at the scale of 2,000 feet to the inch (1:24,000). There's no better way to keep track of where you are on the river.
- But wait, there's more. In the front of the book is lots of information about the rivers, the landscape and the flora and fauna.
- These front eight pages are chock full of Park Service contact info and regulations, weather, geology, archaeology, history, ecology and resource protection wisdom.
- No matter what other resources you have, this guidebook is really an essential tool for enjoying these magnificent river trips.
- Authors: Duwain Whitis and Barbara Vinson
- Copyright: 2013, 2nd Edition
- Size: 9"W x 14"H - Waterproof paper
- Pages: 38
- Map Pages: USGS 7.5' color topo reproductions
- Scale: 2,000 feet per inch (1:24,000)
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device